On this page we will little by little introduce our gear and answer questions.
We decided to use two Patria Terra – a classic among travel bikes. Thanks to the Rohloff Speedhub, a steel frame and 26″ wheels we should be able to handle the whole route without major incidents (fingers crossed).
Most important details:
- Steel frame – stable, more flexible than aluminum and can be welded more easily if necessary
- 26″ wheels – worldwide more common than 28″, also more suitable for high system weight
- Speedhub Rohloff CC EX OEM – solid and low-maintenance (hopefully)
- Hub dynamo SON 28
- Saddle Brooks B17 – the classic saddle by far. Hurts the first few kilometers, but is quite comfortable after that
- Rack: Tubus Cargo & Tara
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Mondial 55-559
- Ortlieb Panniers on front, back and handlebar – waterproof and durable!
- Rearview Mirror – not pretty, but very important!
- Bike Computer: Sigma BC 14.12 incl. Altimeter
- 4 Tubes
- 1 Folding Tire
- 2 Chains
- 4 Chain Links
- 1 Sprocket
- Brake Pads (4 Sets)
- Sprokes (2 front wheel, 4 rear wheel)
- Chain oil
- Rohloff Oil Change Set (2)
- Gear Wires (2 Sets)
- Different Screws (M6, Brake Hoses, …)
- Tube Repair Kit
- Gaffer Tape
- Cable Ties (different sizes)
- Inbus, Torx,… basically every type needed for the bike
- Combination Pliers – can also be used as a Hammer
- Tire lever
- Chain Tool
- Metal Saw Blade